The PPC 12.5 has finished successfully with over 90 participants from 13 time zones all over the World.
- 8 invited talks,
- 35 oral presentations,
- 17 posters
were presented during five days of the conference. Their abstracts and slides/posters can be found in the programme.
Two round table discussions were focused on:
- Radioisotope positron sources
- Positron spectroscopy data analysis
- Positrons in medicine
The Book of Abstracts is updated with all changes that occurred during the PPC 12.5.
The organizers thank all participants for their contribution to the conference.
Book of Abstracts
The Book of Abstracts is now available in PDF. It will soon be completed with the missing abstracts of the invited speakers.
Programme and timetable
Preparations for the 12.5th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry (PPC 12.5) have reached its final stage. As planned, the conference will be held online using Big Blue Button (BBB) platform on 30 August – 3 September 2021. The draft scientific programme is available on the website and will be updated according to the latest information. Please, verify whether description of your presentation/poster is correct and complete.
We require the presentation slides and posters in PDF, which will be uploaded to the BBB server and available in the case of problems with the video connection. The deadline for sending them is 25 August 2021. General instructions for preparing a presentation/poster are available. They will be extended with tips on how to use the BBB. The test sessions to practicing with BBB and checking your presentation/poster will be organized before the conference on 26-27 August.
It is still possible to register for poster presentation before 15 July 2021.
The Online Positron School will not be organized due to insufficient interest.
Invitation to PPC 12.5
it is our pleasure to invite you to participate at the 12.5th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry (PPC 12.5). The conference will be held online using Big Blue Button platform on 30 August – 3 September 2021. In addition to lecture sessions, there will be poster sessions and a round table session.
The scope of the meeting is information exchange in the following research disciplines:
- Fundamental aspects of positron and positronium chemistry
(interaction of e+ and Ps with atoms, molecules or solid matter, Ps formation etc.)
- Polymers and soft matter
- Liquids and multiphase systems
- Surfaces, interfaces, membranes and layered structures
- Porous materials, nanostructured and confined systems
- Materials for industrial applications (nuclear, hydrogen energy technology etc.)
- Other non-metallic solids
- Biological and medical applications of e+ and Ps (e.g. Positron Emission Tomography)
- Advances in experimental techniques, including positron beams
We invite you, your co-workers and students to registration, which is already open. The next announcement will be send to the registered participants only.
ABSTRACTS AND PROCEEDINGS
The abstract book, presentations and posters (preferably with an author’s comment) will be published on the conference site. Publication of the conference proceedings is not planned.
- 15 May 2021 – Deadline for abstract submission.
- 15 June 2021 – Final announcement and notification of acceptance.
- 15 July 2021 – Deadline for registration to PPC12.
- 30 August 2021 – Opening of the Workshop.
Participation in the conference is free (no conference fee).